Even before the construction of today's building in 1858, you could find a house of similar size in the same place.
In 1779 it was mentioned as a 2-storied house. The constructor of it was Tobias Meyer.
In 1807, it was first used as an inn together with a brewery
In 1831 a 2-storied residential building was grown to the economic building.
The economic building was completely used until approx. 1857. At this point, the today's existing inn with a beer brewery, distillery and a Malzdörre was built up.
During the following years, the various stables were grown. Among the rest, one more cold room.
Approximately in 1888, the brewery company was put down, but the service of the inn continued until 1956.
The years afterwards ' the swan ' was rented to different textile companies.
In 1988 the building was renovated completely. From 1990 up to his closing in 2011 the inn ' the swan ' was managed among different tenants. After the owner's change in 2012 and the next renovation, ' the swan ' was reopened in April 2013 and has since been run as a bed and breakfast.